Wildlife, Fun for families with children (13 days)
A tour in Uganda with children will be a memorable experience for the whole family. Matoke Tours designed a great trip whereby you pass all the "must see" of Uganda.
Note: Chimpanzee tracking is only allowed for persons from 12 years and older. We don't visit Bwindi in this tour because gorilla tracking is only allowed for persons from 16 years and older. For this reason we go to see the chimpanzees at Ngamba island and Chimpanzee permits in Kibale Forest are optional.
- Day 1: Pick up from Entebbe Airport.
- Day 2: Monkeys and birds in the Botanical Garden. Chimpanzees at Ngamba Island.
- Day 3: A safari walk to the rhinos. To Murchison Falls National Park.
- Day 4: A morning game drive and an afternoon boat safari in the park.
- Day 5: A morning game drive. Transfer to Hoima.
- Day 6: To Kibale Forest National Park: "A world of monkeys!!"
- Day 7: Chimpanzee tracking and walk through Bigodi Swamp (monkeys & birds).
- Day 8: Relaxing and game drive to Queen Elizabeth National Park.
- Day 9: A morning game drive and an afternoon boat safari in the park.
- Day 10: To Lake Bunyonyi + relaxing on one of the island.
- Day 11: A whole day relaxing on the island.
- Day 12: To Masaka.
- Day 13: Visit the equator. To Kampala.
It is very difficult to give a fixed price for this tour because accommodations and activities have different prices and discounts for children of different ages. Please contact us and ask for an offer.
A family of 2 adults and 2 children; the ages of the children are 11 and 16. Sharing 2 double or twin rooms.
Price for 4 people – based on the example detailed above: USD 7.645
In Murchison Falls N.P. and Queen Elizabeth N.P. you stay at luxurious lodges with great swimming pools. Other accommodations are mid-range. This is with the exception of Lake Bunyonyi where accommodation is rather simple; here you sleep in 2 simple fully furnished safari-tents or a cottage.
During this trip your have 2 nights accommodation based on 'bed only', 1 night on Half Board and 17 nights on Full Board.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Transport in a 4wd mini bus with pop-up roof for excellent safari view viewing (or upgrade, see Transport)
- All fuel for the tour.
- English speaking driver/guide.
- Accommodation based on Full Board (6 nights) in Paraa Lodge (Murchison Falls N.P.), Kibale Forest Camp (Kibale Forest N.P) and Mweya Lodge (Queen Elizabeth N.P.), based on Bed & Breakfast in Entebbe, Hoima and Masaka (4 nights) and based on 'bed only' in Lake Bunyonyi (2 nights).
- Meals as indicated.
- Entrance fees for Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary, Murchison Falls N.P. and Queen Elizabeth N.P.
- Ferry Murchison Falls N.P. (3 days).
- Hike to the Top of the Falls (Murchison Falls N.P.)
- All game drives as mentioned in the program in Murchison Falls N.P. and Queen Elizabeth N.P
- Two boat safaris (Murchison Falls N.P. and Queen Elizabeth N.P.).
- Ranger fees: Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary, Murchison Falls N.P., and Queen Elizabeth N.P.
- International air fares.
- Entry visa Uganda
- Personal (medical/travel) insurance.
- Tips for bell-boys, rangers, guides, drivers.
- All drinks
- Drinks, snacks and meals which are not included in the accommodation.
- All activities that are not mentioned in the program or activities that are mentioned in the program as optional activity.
- All expenses of a personal nature (e.g. drinks, laundry, souvenirs etc.).
- Chimpanzee permit à USD 150 (for all who are 12 years of age or above).
6 nights of the tour are based on Full Board, 4 nights on Bed & Breakfast and 2 nights on 'bed only'.