Kidepo Valley bush camping (6 days)
Day 1: Drive to Kitgum.
It will take us about 8 hours to reach Kitgum, where we will stay in a very simple hotel.
Day 2: Drive to Kidepo Valley N.P.
Today you continue a long, 4-5 hours taking rough journey to the 1.442 km2 Kidepo Valley, the best kept secret of Uganda. Here you will find no tourists; this park is for your own eyes only... In Kidepo you will find zebras, giraffes, elephants, lions, leopards and this is the only place in Uganda where you can find the cheetah and ostrich.
Day 3: Game drives and safari walk.
An early wake up for a game drive. As long as you wish, you can drive around the beautiful scenery. After lunch you will enjoy a safari walk through the park. Since the car, driver and ranger are always ready, you can plan the next two days any way you want!!!
Day 4: Game drive to ostriches and Kanangorok Hot-Springs.
Today we will be accompanied by a park ranger who brings us to the border of Sudan. We hope to see Ostriches, cross a dry river and end at the hot springs. In the late afternoon we can enjoy the peace and beauty of the park, viewed from the campsite with a book or go for another game drive.....
Day 5: Drive to Gulu.
Today we go to Gulu. The drive will be long, rough, dusty, so get ready for the "African Massage!" The drive will take about 7 hours. You stay at a simple middle class hotel.
Day 6: Drive to Kampala.
Day 7: Drive to Kampala. Today we head back to Kampala or continue to Entebbe for your flight home.
- 490 $ US Dollar p.p.
This tour needs a minimum of 5 persons. Come and join inn!!!
In both Kitgum and Gulu we stay in a simple hotel in a self contained room. This will be on bed and breakfast. In Kidepo we go camping in the middle of the park. Photos below show why! (There is 24-7 an armed ranger to protect us).
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Transport in a 4wd mini bus with pop up roof for excellent safari view.
- English speaking driver/guide.
- Fuel for the tour.
- Simple hotel accommodation in Gulu and Kitgum.
- Camping in Kidepo Valley N.P.
- Use of igloo-tents and mattresses.
- Entrance fee Kidepo Valley N.P.
- All safaris.
- Full time ranger while in the park.
- All meals and drinks and other personal expenses
- All meals and drinks and other personal expenses.
- Sleeping bag, bed sheets and pillow (bring yourself).
- Tips and gratuities to your driver/guide, porter, ranger, hotel staff, etc.
- All expenses of a personal nature (e.g. drinks, laundry, souvenirs etc.).
What to bring
Mosquito repellent containing deet, rain jacket, towel, sunglasses, sun cream, binoculars, camera, small backpack, hiking shoes, flip-flops and if you wish a book for the quiet moments...