Rates 2018/ 2019
|Rates per person
|Low season: June-August
|Shoulder: Feb-May, Sept & Dec
|High season: Oct-Nov & Jan
One single supplement is included when traveling with 3 persons. Any other single supplement is:
Feb-May & Sept & Dec
Oct-Nov & Jan
All rates are quoted in USD. If you like to be quoted in Ethiopian Birr, Euros or any other currency, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Some lodges and hotels charge extra fees during the festive season; for example, Leddet (7th of January), Timkat (18 & 19th of January), Fasika (Ethiopan Orthodox Easter) etc. Please ask us for the rates if you wish to travel on these dates.
Since this is a private tour, departures can be organised anytime throughout the year subject to the availability of accommodation and transport.
Tour Package Includes:
- All airport transfers
- *All domestic flights listed in program
- Transportation in a 4WD Toyota or Highroof in the north, 4WD Nissan for the Danakil Depression
- An extra vehicle for cook and road guide for Danakil Depression
- All fuel for the tour
- English speaking Ethiopian driver/guide
- **All accommodation listed in program
- Meals as listed in program
- Park permits and entrance fees according to program
- All activities listed in program
- Cooking and camping equipment for the Danakil Depression
- Cook (and assistant cook if the party is more than 5 people) for Danakil Depression
- Compulsory road guide for the Danakil Depression
Tour Package Excludes:
- International air fares
- Entry visa to Ethiopia
- Meals that are not part of your accommodation, except where it is listed in the program
- Activities that are described as optional
- Personal (medical/travel) insurance
- Government tax and park fees increase
- Tips and gratuities to rangers, driver/guide, porter, hotel staff, etc.
- All expenses of personal nature (e.g. drinks, laundry, optional activities, souvenirs etc.).
ERTA ALE VOLCANO
Erta Ale is an active volcano and as such, it is continuously changing. While Erta Ale is known for being one of the few volcanos in the world that has an almostpersistent lava lake, the levels of the lava lake’s surface are constantly rising and falling. This, along with periodic volcanic gasses being emitted from the crater, can make observation difficult on certain days. It is therefore never guaranteed that you will see the bubbling lava in the crater on any given day.
*FLY ETHIOPIAN AIRLINES!
If you book your international flights with Ethiopian Airlines you will get up to 60% discount on your domestic flights. The quoted package price above is based on the Ethiopian Airlines discount. Should you fly with another airline to Ethiopia please let us know as we will have to increase the total price.
**The bookings with the lodges mentioned in the program depend on availability. Reservations will only be made after your booking. In case the mentioned hotels are not available during the requested period, we will do our utmost to book a hotel in the same class for you (of course we will only do this after consulting you).